By sharing your data with LISI you are providing crucial information on what is happening out in the field. With these data we are able to:
- Show species distribution
- Through regular monitoring, show the rate at which species spread
- Monitor new species and look out for new occurrences
- Co-ordinate management action to increase efficiency
- Analyse management data and success rates for different species and populations
- Use existing data for horizon scanning and risk planning
- Prioritise invasive non-native species management
The more data that are collected and shared the better we are able to deliver the above. Especially as we need to take into consideration that the data come from a range of different sources and therefore do not necessarily represent a complete survey.
More information on data policies and management can be found at the GiGL website.